here's a list of ways you can help
International Rescue Committee Interest Form for Supporting Afghan Special Immigrants in New Jersey
If you are interested in volunteering with IRC to mentor refugees or to provide temporary housing for refugee families in New Jersey, please fill out this form.
Pars Equality Center
We are collectively running a program to support Afghans who need to flee by pairing folks with attorneys who can take their cases. We are in dire need of Dari speakers who can serve as translators for immigration attorneys who are volunteering.
Medical Reserve Corps
Needs dari and pashto translators to assist with covid testing of new arrivals at Dulles airport
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trention
Helping Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey " by identifying and mobilizing legal representation for immigration assistance, helping with the coordination of wellness activities for the children and their families and assisting with coordination of donations and volunteers"
Become a Red Cross Volunteer
We need your help to bring safety, comfort, and hope for those who have nowhere else to go. For this special assignment, you must meet all the following requirements:
1. Be at least 18 years old and be in good health and able to work in stressful conditions.
2. Ability to understand and follow the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent
Movement regardless of political and cultural beliefs/affiliation.
3. Commit to a minimum of 9-14 days (includes 2 days of travel) of full-time support in-person (daily shift
are between 8-12 hours).
4. Be a registered Red Cross volunteer in our system and complete disaster volunteer shelter worker
training requirements (approximately 4 hours).
5. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks while volunteering.
6. Have no conditions that impact your immune response (ex: lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic
conditions like type 1 diabetes).
7. Do not take any medications that affect your immune status (ex: Chemotherapy, corticosteroids,
8. Must be comfortable walking long distances on uneven terrain each day, ability to lift/carry 20 lbs
multiple times per shift, working outdoors in extreme temperatures (heat or cold rainy conditions), dusty
conditions or standing for long periods of time.
9. Must be comfortable working with a potentially traumatized population.
Due to the nature of the response, the below criteria are preferred but not required:
1. Experience living, working, or serving in Afghanistan or neighboring countries.
2. Experience working with people from Afghanistan or neighboring countries in a professional setting in
3. Experience working with a refugee or evacuee population regardless of their location.
4. Language skills in Persian-Dari, Farsi, and/or Pashto.
Airport Safety Teams & Safe National Housing List
We need safe people navigating shifts to welcome in refugees and unaccompanied minors. You will be a safe person at introduction and then hope to have a team in place to further that connection.